Monday 17 May 2021

film interview

 film director: Shamsher Saran = SS

interviewer: Dean Henderson = DH


Q1)  DH = what is your background and how did you become interested in film making?

SS = Very good question their Dean so lets see I am born in England to an Indian family in Southall as a child film making never ever once popped into my mind until I was maybe 16 17 I saw it as a way to express my inner creativity through films.

DH =  You are young ethnic minority director. Do you think it was harder for you to get a voice in the industry? How did you overcome these obstacles? 

SS = Most certainly being young alone was hard enough to be recognised but being ethnic minority made it twice as hard I personally went through many hardships and experienced a lot of racism on my path as a successful film director but one thing id say helped me through is perseverance, preserver through the difficulties believe you can achieve more than you already are and I guarantee you, you will achieve your goals and dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment